I have attached all requirements as well as an outline that was turned in to the same teacher for an A on a different subject. I have already made a few changes to that same outline as well as cited sources I was going to use.
Choose an infectious agent that is listed in your book. Give instructor the name (each student will research a different infectious agent). Perform a literature search to identify infections caused by this agent. Be sure to address the following questions:
1. What is the name of your infectious agent? (List the Genus speciesname using proper protocol.) What type of organism is the agent (bacteria, helminth, virus, fungus, etc)?
2. What does the infectious agent look like? What are distinguishing characteristics of the agent? Describe the life cycle of your agent.
3. What disease(s) does your agent cause?
4. For oneof the diseases caused by this agent discuss the following:
Portal of entry
Signs and symptoms
Experimental treatments (if applicable)
Preventative measures (if applicable)
5. Which is the host range of the agent? Are there other reservoirs of your agent? How is your agent transmitted?
6. Report incidence/prevalence of the disease (USA).
7. Any there any new, special challenges with regard to this agent ( ieincreasing incidence, drug resistance, etc).
General APA Guidelines
Your essay should be typed, double-spaced on standard-sized paper (8.5″ x 11″) with 1″ margins on all sides. Do not write in 1 stperson. You should use a clear font that is highly readable. APA recommends using 12 pt. Times New Roman font. Proper formatting, grammar and spelling is expected.
Include a page header(also known as the “ running head“) at the top of every page. To create a page header/running head, insert page numbers flush right. Then type “TITLE OF YOUR PAPER” in the header flush left using all capital letters. The running headis a shortened version of your paper’s title and cannot exceed 50 characters including spacing and punctuation.
Major Paper Sections
Your essay should include fourmajor sections: the Title Page (one page), Abstract Page (one page), Main Body (minimum three pages), and References (one page).
Everyone’s written portion is due on same date at start of class (electronic), see Blackboard Calendar for exact date. No exceptions (one grade level deduction for each day late). All written reports must be uploaded to Blackboard and will be checked for plagiarism. Match score must be below 25%. Cite all references includingwhere the figures/images/pictures came from in both paper and presentation. Must include one relevant table, chart or image that is discussed in the paper.
References must be listed using professional APA. At least five references required. No credit will be given for incompleteness in your reference list or URL.
See grading rubric posted on Blackboard.
Make sure to include in the body of your paper which reference the information came from that you are citing/paraphrasing, “Cite As You Write”. See me in you are not sure how to do this.
Other samples, services and questions:
When you use PaperHelp, you save one valuable — TIME
You can spend it for more important things than paper writing.